This course is designed to provide students with the vocabulary and language needed to understand and use technological terms as well as get a job within the Arts industry.
This course enables learners to be proficient in English language in their career specific field equivalent to CEFR B1 level.
Course Main Objectives
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the main points of clear standard input in matters relating to art and design that may regularly be encountered in their respective career fields.
- Deal with most situations likely to arise in both their academic and work environments.
- Produce simple connected text on topics in the context of art and design related to both the academic and work environment.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Vocabulary: Recall enough language to get by, with sufficient vocabulary to express themselves with some hesitation and circumlocutions on topics such as ‘describing shapes, ‘describing light’ and ‘describing color’ etc.
- Reading: Identify the ideas in texts that consist mainly of high frequency every day or job-related language in their academic and career specific fields.
- Writing: Write simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest (such as ‘sketches.’)