This course is designed to meet the language requirements for students who need English to get a job in the science related field.
This course enables learners to be proficient in their career specific field equivalent to CEFR B1 level.
Course Main Objectives
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the main points of clear standard input in matters relating to the sciences field that may regularly be encountered in their respective career fields
- Deal with most situations likely to arise in both their academic and work environments
- Produce simple connected text on topics in the context of sciences related to both the academic and work environment
Student Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Vocabulary: Recall enough language to get by, with sufficient vocabulary to express themselves with some hesitation and circumlocutions on topics such as ‘digital technology’, ‘biology’ and ‘chemistry’ etc.
- Reading: Identify the ideas in texts that consist mainly of high frequency everyday or job-related language in their academic and career specific fields.
- Writing: Write simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of professional interest (such as ‘food and agriculture.’)