The course is designed to enhance and enrich proficiency in Academic English amongst learners starting at the A1 and then progressing on to the A2 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
This course enables learners to be proficient in the English language near to the CEFR A2 level.
Course Main Objectives
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
Student Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Vocabulary: Recall basic sentence patterns and phrases to communicate limited information in simple everyday situations
- Grammar: Demonstrate knowledge of basic grammatical structures and use simple sentence patterns correctly, but still systematically makes basic mistakes
- Listening: Recognize familiar sentences to understand the high frequency (common) vocabulary related to areas of most immediate personal relevance
- Reading: Identify short, simple texts to find specific and predictable information in advertisements, prospectuses, menus, and timetables
- Speaking: Employ a series of phrases and sentences to describe day to day situations
- Writing: Write short, simple notes and paragraphs relating to matters in areas of immediate need as well as a very simple personal letter, for example thanking someone for something.