This course introduces learners to the basics of English language to help them develop the ability to communicate and exchange information at A1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
This course enables learners to develop proficiency in English language equivalent to CEFR A1 level.
Course Main Objectives
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of their concrete needs
- Introduce themselves and others and ask and answer questions about personal details such as where they live, people they know and their possessions
- Interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help
Student Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Vocabulary: Recall basic repertoire of words and simple phrases related to personal details and particular concrete situations
- Grammar: Demonstrate only limited control of a few simple grammatical structures and sentence patterns in a memorised repertoire
- Listening: Recognize familiar words and very basic phrases concerning themselves, their families and immediate concrete surroundings when people speak slowly and clearly
- Reading: Identify familiar names, words and very simple sentence structures in a short paragraph
- Speaking: Employ simple phrases and sentences to describe where they live and people they know
- Writing: Write a simple paragraph using familiar words giving personal details