This course introduces learners to the basics of English language to help them develop the ability to communicate and exchange information near to A1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
This course enables learners to develop proficiency in English language near to CEFR A1 level.
Course Main Objectives
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases
- Introduce themselves and ask and answer questions about personal details such as where they live
- Communicate in a simple way if the other person talks slowly and clearly
Student Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Vocabulary: Recall basic repertoire of words and simple phrases related to personal details
- Grammar: Demonstrate only limited control of a few simple grammatical structures in a memorised repertoire
- Listening: Recognize familiar words and very basic phrases concerning themselves, their families when people speak slowly and clearly
- Reading: Identify familiar names, words and very simple sentence structures in a short paragraph
- Speaking: Employ simple phrases and some sentences to describe where they live
- Writing: Write a simple paragraph using basic words giving personal details