The course is designed to enhance and enrich proficiency in Academic English amongst learners equivalent to near to CEFR A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
This course enables learners to develop proficiency in English language near to CEFR A2.
Course Main Objectives
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand simple sentences and frequently used expressions
- Communicate about routine matters using a series of simple phrases and sentences
- Describe in simple terms aspects of their background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need with some difficulty
Student Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Vocabulary: Recall basic sentence patterns and phrases to communicate limited information in simple everyday situations
- Grammar: Demonstrate knowledge of basic grammatical structures and use simple sentence patterns correctly, but still systematically makes basic mistakes
- Listening: Recognize high frequency (common) vocabulary to understand familiar sentences related to areas of most immediate personal relevance
- Reading: Identify short, simple texts to find specific and predictable information in advertisements, prospectuses, menus and timetables
- Speaking: Employ a series of phrases and sentences to describe day to day situations
- Writing: Write short, simple notes and paragraphs relating to matters in areas of immediate need as well as a very simple personal letter, for example thanking someone for something