The course is designed to enhance and enrich proficiency in Academic English amongst learners above CEFR A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
This course enables learners to develop proficiency in English language above CEFR A1 progressing to CEFR A2.
Course Main Objectives
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand simple sentences and some expressions
- Communicate about routine matters using a series of simple phrases and some sentences
- Describe in simple terms aspects of their background and immediate environment with some difficulty
Student Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Vocabulary: Recall basic phrases and sentences to communicate limited information in simple day to day situations
- Grammar: Demonstrate knowledge of basic grammatical structures and use them correctly in simple sentence but sometimes make basic mistakes
- Listening: Recognize common vocabulary to understand familiar phrases and sentences related to their immediate context
- Reading: Identify short,simple texts to find specific in advertisements, prospectuses and timetables
- Speaking: Employ a series of phrases and sentences to describe day to day situations
- Writing: Write short paragraphs relating to matters of immediate relevance with a few mistakes