The course is designed to enhance and enrich proficiency in Academic English amongst learners starting at the A2 and then progressing to B1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
This course enables learners to be proficient in English language equivalent to CEFR A2 and above.
Course Main Objectives
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand texts related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Deal with predictable situations requiring a simple and direct exchange of information
- Produce simple connected texts relating to matters of immediate personal needs
Student Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Vocabulary: Recall a range of sentence patterns to communicate in simple everyday situations with some hesitation
- Grammar: Demonstrate the use of limited grammatical structures and simple sentence patterns without making basic mistakes
- Listening: Recognize the main points of clear standard speech on familiar matters regularly encountered at work, school, leisure
- Reading: Identify the meaning short simple texts giving description of events, feelings and wishes in personal letters
- Speaking: Employ phrases to communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar topics and activities
- Writing: Write simple text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest