Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (MA TESOL)
MA (TESOL) offers a variety of courses that cover theoretical and practical aspects of English language teaching such as teaching of language skills, pedagogical grammar, technology assisted language learning, structuring and delivering lessons, English for specific purposes, research in English language teaching, and teaching practicum. This program is useful for in-service teachers of English and for those who want to teach English as a foreign language in future.
MA (TESOL) aims at creating awareness about approaches, methods and techniques involving teaching of English to speakers of other languages.
Upon the completion of MA TESOL program, students will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of the current theoretical trends, issues and concerns in the fields of language pedagogy and of current best practices in teaching English to speakers of other languages;
- apply their enhanced teaching skills and understanding of education processes to work efficiently in teaching English to speakers of other languages to become accomplished TESOL practitioners;
- design a range of curriculum modules, lesson plans, pedagogical materials and assessment tools in teaching English to meet academic needs of speakers of other languages;
- demonstrate understanding of various pedagogical dynamics of TESOL in local, national and international contexts;
- exhibit research-based practices and strategies related to planning, implementing, and managing standardized TESOL instruction;
- extend their existing professional careers in English language teaching by achieving a recognized specialist qualification.
MA (TESOL) is a 42 credit hours program. Teaching methodology includes classroom lectures, online academic support, advanced teaching practicum, seminars and a research project. Students will be provided readers for each module based on variety of relevant books and online resources.
2 years (4 semesters)
Bachelor of Arts or Education, majoring in English language, or any equivalent degree
[stm_lms_courses_carousel prev_next=”disable” pagination=”enable” show_categories=”enable” per_row=”4″ taxonomy=”110, 111, 112, 113″]